Thursday 13 February 2014

storyboard for thriller...yet to be named

This is the final initial storyboard for my thriller. This storyboard is different to what  I had originally thought of and imagined. The reason for this change is, after a discussion, I found the story would have been too confusing and would not make sense. Another reason for this change is the original idea would have looked much more like a horror than thriller, this version of the story will convey more conventions of a thriller than a horror, opposite of the original idea.

This storyboard does not show all of the shots, the different types of shots will be easier to draw as a storyboard.

The actors I have in mind range from 13-19 years old. Due to this age gap, we will have to find a time that suits everyones timetables. For the first video seen of the two girls dancing around, the location I am thinking of is quite green with trees around. Although this does sound typical, I want to represent the video as being from a fun day out with the characters having a good time. For the second scene, I am hoping to film that in a bedroom or living room. The time of this shoot would be late afternoon/early evening this is because of the natural light at the time. However this could go wrong and there may be too much darkness around the room. Another precaution I will have to take is taking in account of the weather for the outside scene. If this does happen, the date and time of the shoot will have to change, or we will have to change the location last minute to somewhere indoors.
The possible location of the outdoors scene would be somewhere that looks like this:


This location is Aldenham Country Park in Watford







For the scene in the bedroom of the girl, I was told about an episode of Medium which sounded familiar to my storyline. After viewing this episode I know have a clearer idea of how to shoot this scene in terms of different shot types to convey the message to different personalities. currently, I visualise the girl sitting on her bed. The reason she is not lying down is because this position is usually seen in most TV shows or and film to convey the person dreaming the series of events. Due to this, I want my character to be watching the "home video" on a laptop/computer and then start to wonder why  this has been shot and also wonder who the other two people in the video are.

No comments:

Post a Comment